NEXT OPENING: TBDPLEASE NOTE I AM AWAY ON HOLIDAY JULY 1 - 15. COMMISSION WORK WILL BE PAUSED DURING THIS TIME. CLIENTS ARE STILL WELCOME TO REACH OUT IF THEY HAVE QUESTIONS REGARDING THEIR COMMISSION[S]!
Commissions are opened periodically via Twitter and Telegram Announcement. The date and time of upcoming openings are always posted in advance to these platforms. Updates are posted to my Telegram Channel.If you have questions about commission openings or Patreon, please direct them to my email, as I might not receive DM notifications on social media.If you have sent a DM over social media, such as Twitter or Telegram, please resend your inquiry as an email.
PRICES ARE IN USD
CUSTOM / OFF MENU [PRICE VARIES]
Even if I no longer offer a particular style in my current menu, I will gladly take on old styles for commissions, such as my Weird Yet Menacing Angels, Mawplay portraits and Lockscreens.Please note that since some styles have been retired for a while [some even a couple years old], the example art may differ from my current works.Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org PRIOR to commission openings for accurate up to date pricing.
DOODLE [$20 USD]
IDEAL FOR MEME REDRAWS OR JUST SILLY IDEAS IN GENERAL.
clients may use their doodles for telegram stickersrough flat colour, messy lines
exaggerated proportions or anatomical inaccuracies to fit style
solid colour or transparent background; no elaborate backgrounds
props okay+$5 USD per additional character
PIXEL [$40 - $75 USD]
colour; minimal to no shadingSTATIC [no animation]: $40 USD
FLOATING [static art moving up and down]: $45 USD
IDLE [see example]: $75 USDclient receives:
- small art [transparent background]
- large art [transparent background]
- combo small and large art [see example] on solid backgroundsingle character
COVER PAGE [$200 USD]
waist up to full body
flat colour; minimal shading
layout inspired from magazines or infographics
has a simple background, may include free-use imagessingle character only
ETHEREAL [$250 USD]
flat colour; minimal shading
starry / cloudy background by default
natural settings only - no urban architecturecan have quote of choice or graphicsingle character only
OUTFIT REFERENCE [$275 USD]
flat colour; minimal to no shading
base price includes three outfits
single characterclient can request specific outfits they've created or request artistic liberty+$90 per additional outfit
hey! I'm godbird, but you can just call me tobias. I spend most of my time drawing and the rest of my time fussing over my hoard of plants.my primary sona is Sebastian! My other sonas are Arthenos, Loke and Octis.
While I mostly do furry artwork, I sometimes also do fandom art! You can find it over at SAUCECAT. It started as a side account to drop off the odd fanart as it got buried under my furry art, but it's kinda grown into its own thing now.
If you're a nazifur / racist or into zoo or pedo nonsense, fuck off. I don't tolerate that shit. Full Stop. homophobes/transphobes are also not tolerated.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By purchasing a commission the client is automatically bound to these Terms and Conditions. This page may be updated periodically. First-person references, (I, Me, Myself) within these conditions refer to the artist of the commission transaction. Client will refer to the customer, or purchaser, of the transaction.If a client has any questions about these terms they are encouraged to email their inquiry directly to email@example.com.
- Acceptance of a commission is not guaranteed. I reserve the right to refuse a commission for any reason.
- Prices are subject to change. If a price for an item were to change after the time of purchase, the client will not be reimbursed or billed the difference.
- Clients are encouraged to review my FAQ prior to commissioning.
- Conversations regarding commissions must be conducted over email. If you are worried about not receiving emails, or cannot seem to reach me, please contact me either on Twitter or Telegram @ godbirdart as a last resort only. Please note, I may take a business day or two to respond. I am not in office on weekends.
- I will only ever reach out over email. I will not accept DM conversations regarding commissions.
- I reserve the right to display commissioned artwork for advertising and self promotion purposes unless the client explicitly requests their commission be private. This must be noted at the time of purchase or before the artwork is completed.
- The client may print their purchased artwork for their own personal use, provided it is not for profitable means.
- Should the client wish to credit me, they may link to any of my social media, credit under the name GODBIRDART, or link directly to my website at www.godbirdart.com.
- The client is welcome to publish their purchased artwork on their own social media, in online art galleries, and in online character archives. the client may use, print, or crop their purchased artwork for private nonprofit use, such as social media banners, icons, backgrounds, physical art prints, or physical stickers. This is provided my credit stamp [signature] remains intact on the artwork.*if my signature is cut off due to the image being cropped, such as for a social media icon or banner, the client is not required to move or rewrite my signature on the cropped artwork.
COMMERCIAL USE / SALES
- Clients looking to have work marketed for profit must reach out to me and receive permission in written documented text.
- Clients are not permitted, under any circumstances, to use any part of their finished commission for non fungible tokens. Use of my artwork for any advertising or profits associated with non fungible tokens, blockchains, or cryptocurrency is strictly prohibited.
- I will never sell/resell any of my work as non fungible tokens. If artwork I have created, regardless if commissioned or personal, is listed as a non fungible token or is being resold for cryptocurrency, it is stolen. Please report any reposts or resales to me promptly.
- I will not resell a client's commissioned work for profit without their written consent.*exceptions apply to: if the commission was abandoned or cancelled while incomplete in which case, depending on the amount of work done, a print may be repurposed or resold. Any elements that are the client's property [i.e, characters] will not be used in this resale/repurposing, and will be replaced with either my own or another client's character[s].
- All commissions are listed on my public queue located here.
- Position in the queue may shift depending on payment or response time.
- Unpaid commissions that have exceeded ten days in the queue without response from the client, and if no other arrangements have been made, will be removed from the queue with notice and the order considered forfeit.
- Every commission is subject to my current turnaround time. Larger orders may require more time. Patreon content is prioritized as it is time sensitive.
ARTISTIC LIBERTY COMMISSIONS
- Artistic Liberty herein is defined as a piece of artwork done entirely at the artist's discretion.
- Clients must be aware that any poses, expressions, themes or the like will be chosen by myself unless they specify a detail beforehand in the commission form.
- Tweaks and minor adjustments, such as markings, and colour shifts, may be made after the completion of the print.
- Clients must understand that any requested changes that would impact the integrity of the lineart will require an additional fee.
- As with all commissions, artistic liberty commissions are non-refundable once paid.
WORK IN PROGRESS UPDATES
- Work in Progress updates [or WIPs for short] are mid-progress updates sent back to the client for approval before the commission is finished. WIPs are often sent after the lineart phase has been completed and before colour has been applied to the character(s). The lineart will always be the first WIP sent back to a client as I generally do not create sketch layers.- If the client was not issued a WIP during the commission process, they may still request tweaks or adjustments once the final print has been sent back (and are encouraged to do so if they see any errors within their print!) Some print styles, such as the Monochromatic Portrait style, are largely lineart and thus are typically completed without WIPs.- If the client was sent a WIP and would like to make large changes to the artwork that would impact the integrity of the lineart
after the print has been completed (such as dramatically moving a character's limb or readjusting the pose) a small fee may apply.
- A quote is a PDF copy of an invoice that is emailed to the client.
- Quote pricing is redeemable up until the next immediate commission opening. Opening dates are posted on Twitter, and on Telegram, as well as on the main page of my site.
- Finished artwork will be sent to the client through email. Clients are encouraged to check spam inboxes as some emails wind up there.
- Clients can request final tweaks or changes if need be! Large changes that would impact the integrity of the pose or lineart may be subject to a fee.
PAYMENTS AND REFUNDS
- Payments must be made in full through Paypal or Square invoice.
- The client understands that they are paying for the non-refundable time and expertise of an artist. Completed commissions are not eligible for refund.
- If a refund must be issued before the artwork is completed, the client will receive a partial refund. This will vary depending on the amount of work completed at that time.
- Chargebacks issued by a client's financial institution, Square, or Paypal MUST be compensated by the client.
- Invoices are due within ten days of issue. If the client has not paid, or made other arrangements with me, then their order will be removed from my queue and their commission will be considered forfeit. A client wishing to resume their commission may be subject to an additional fee.
- A "Cancelled Commission" is an order of which either the client or myself have requested to terminate the business transaction.
- Commissions are automatically cancelled if the client has not communicated with me within ten consecutive days during invoicing phase. This does not apply if the client has made arrangements with me regarding their payment.
- I, the artist, may cancel a commission at any time for reasons such as: conflict of interest or personal circumstance.
- If I must cancel after the commission has been paid for, the client will receive a refund through Paypal or Square [depending on their payment method] accommodating an email notifying the client of the termination. Please note: Paypal fees may apply.
this section applicable specifically to prints involving multiple clients for large-scale prints- Large scale prints have on average a 4 -5 month turnaround. This varies depending on the amount of individual characters and detail.
- All clients participating will be sent individual invoices. All clients must pay their respective invoice.
- Group prints are subject to the terms featured in the Payments and Refunds section above.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If you question isn't answered here, please email me!
Q: How often do you accept commissions?A: Commissions are opened periodically via Twitter and Telegram Announcement. Updates are posted to my Telegram Channel.
Q: How can I commission you?A: Use my Google Form during my commission openings. This is posted to Twitter and Telegram at the time of my opening, and remains open for up to 24 hours. Applicants are chosen via a randomizer to prevent overbooking and favoritism. Commission applications must ALWAYS be submitted through this form to be eligible for a slot, unless otherwise agreed. Exceptions may be made for group prints and long term projects.
Q: How much art direction or artistic liberty do you like when working on commissions?A: I work best with a large amount of artistic liberty! While I can absolutely work with detailed art direction, if you're the kind of person that has a vision for something very specific with little wiggle room for liberties, my work may not be the best fit.Preferred art direction is specific, but still vague enough to work with and build upon.
Q: How will I know if I got a slot during your opening?A: I email back ALL the applicants personally after my opening! Once all clients have been emailed I will announce so on Twitter and in my Telegram Channel. Please note: some emails do wind up in spam by sheer error. I cannot remedy this, but please mark my emails as Not Spam.
Q: What don’t you draw for commissions?A: I do not draw the following:- gore / extreme body horror / torture / self harm.- racist or otherwise discriminatory material / themes that could be harmful to others.casual body horror may be permitted provided it isn't riddled with excessive blood and viscera. this includes extra limbs and multiple eyes. candy gore may be permitted but please inquire first.
Q: How do you prioritize your workload?A: Patreon is always prioritized first. Patreon is time-sensitive and will always be pushed to be completed before the month rollover. Commissions not taken through Patreon will be worked on between Patreon work. Other items, such as giveaways, trades, and raffles will be completed as time is available after the preceding obligations.
Q: Do you have a pinglist / can you contact me directly when you open?A: Sorry, I do not keep track of pinglists! Please check in on my Twitter or Telegram Channel for upcoming commission announcements.
Q: How do I pay / what is the payment process for commissions?A: Payments can only be made through Square or Paypal invoice. Please do not send payments for commissions through my Ko-Fi.
Q: Can you explain your turnaround time? Does this mean x amount of days to finish per print, or all the prints in your queue?A: My turnaround time estimates how long your print will take to complete after its paid date. Depending on the queue length and my availability, this turnaround may vary. Any interruptions on your print's progress [such as a planned holiday] will be emailed to you at the earliest convenience. Please remember that multiple prints, extra characters, and telegram stickers (depending on quantity) can take longer to complete.
Q: Do you accept custom orders?A: I am open to taking some off-menu requests. If you are requesting a commission that would be considered off-menu (read: not listed in my available styles), please email me directly!
Q: I really liked [x] style you offered some time ago! Would I be able to order something like that?A: Yeah, absolutely! Even if styles are taken off my page, it doesn't mean I won't do them at all ever again per se. Email me ahead of time for an accurate quote.
Q: What information do you need for commissions?A: I need the following from you:• A coloured reference WITHOUT SHADING. I may turn away reference sheets that have heavy shading or messy JPEG compression.• Your billing email and contact email (this is how you'll receive any and all art regarding your order!)• Your username from any social media account so that you can be credited for the commission. if for any reason you do not want your commission published, please mention so when filling out your form!
Q: It's been a while and I haven't heard from you!A: Updates can take weeks to send out. Please check your spam inbox first to see if any emails of mine have wound up there! If there's still nothing, you're more than welcome to send an email over at any time for an update on the status of your commission. If I'm waiting for feedback from you regarding your art, I have a specific column for "Pending Client Feedback" on my Trello. I do send follow-up emails roughly a week or two after the initial email has gone out.
Q: Hey, you've finished my print but I'm not happy with (insert detail). Can you adjust it for me? Does it cost extra?A: By all means, PLEASE bring it to my attention if you want a detail tweaked in your final print! Minor things such as colour swaps, missing markings, fixing a small line - I'd be more than happy to adjust it for you! Please note that larger edits such as adjusting the angle of an arm, turning a character's head or any adjustments that would largely impact the integrity of the original lineart may be subject to a fee to compensate for the additional work. This fee varies depending on the style of print and the amount of work needed to make the edit.
Q: You drew this Telegram Sticker for me last year, and I'd love to have it updated!A: I can do that! If you have an old Telegram Sticker that is outdated, needs a change, or is generally just old, I'm glad to offer to redraw it! Redraws come at a discounted fee from my current Telegram Sticker pricing. To be eligible for a redraw fee, the update must resemble or be the same theme as the sticker being redrawn. So for example, if you would like a YCH hug sticker updated, the redraw must be another hug sticker. You can request to have another character drawn into the YCH slot, but this will also require an additional character fee.
Q: I commissioned you to do an art piece for me - but I've since lost the file! Do you still have a copy?A: If you ever lose your print, please contact me and I'll see if I still have a copy! I also recommend checking your inbox history if we communicated over email for your commission as the attached final piece may still be there.
Q: I commissioned [x] print from you [insert time] ago and my character has changed, can you adjust the artwork?A: Please email me first if you'd like to have artwork updated. There's a good chance I can fix minor edits, some colours and design features - however, anything that greatly impacts the lineart may prove more difficult. I do not keep layered files for longer than a week after a commission transaction has concluded. There will be a fee for the edit, fee varies depending on the work needed.